Wednesday, September 5, 2012

About a boy named Joel....

This week has been a week of joy for my son Joel.  This weekend started out with him losing his first tooth!  Now, Joel has a sensory processing disorder.  He was dismissed from Occupational Therapy this last year, but he still has some sensory difficulties.  His teeth being a little loose have bothered him for some time now and we have been SO afraid of what would happen when the time came for a tooth to come out!  Well, this past Monday, at a lovely picnic with some neighbors, his tooth went one way and then the other and he yelled to us that it was really loose.  I thought to myself that we were about to have to take Joel home and let him calm down.  Instead, Joel reached into his mouth, pulled out the tooth, and with a bloody grin showed the tooth to everyone!  I was so proud of him and everyone cheered for his tooth coming out!










There is is folks!  He was eating ice cream at the time and bit into the cone and it came right out!  Speaking of eating ice cream, I got the cutest picture of Connor as well.  It was one of the last days of Summer and this picture just reminds me that it is GOOD to be a kid in the summer time!

  Little Boo Boo, standing on a slip and slide, taking a HUGE bite out of his ice cream...now THAT is finding the joy folks! 

So today was another wonderful day for Joel!  I woke up this morning with the words from Finding Nemo in my head "First day of school! First day of school!"  Joel got up, got dressed, and allowed this Momma to take some cute pics of him.  Now, if you have been on Pinterest at ALL in the last few months, there have been moms pinning like CRAZY trying to get ourselves as creatively ready as possible for that first day of school photo.  This morning, I took two of the cutest ideas I have seen on Pinterest and combined them.  I took a picture that I hope will lead to many more like them in the years to come.  So now, I give you the "First Day of School" shot....
  A picture of Joel, holding a picture of him on his first day of Kindergarten.  Next year it will be a picture of him holding THIS picture...and so on...FUN!  It was fun navigating my way through the parental trenches of first grade this morning.  I think we did pretty well and Joel had a great first day.  I even made some home made chocolate chip/coconut/peanut butter/cinnamon/Iwentcrazywiththeingredients cookies!  Joel gave them three hundred thumbs up, so I will take it!  I am so thankful for this week of Joel and how much joy he is finding.  Between getting tooth fairy money and a certificate from Nute the tooth fairy, to being able to play on the bigg-ER kid playground, it has been a week of fun things for us!  I am so thankful Connor starts school next week!  I am going to need a weekend long nap! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment