Friday, October 8, 2010

There are so many things running through my head!

Ok, so here we go folks, BLOG number ONE!
I hope you like it!  So here is my thought for the day...have people forgotten how to use the English language correctly?  Every time I turn on the TV, I hear, "his and I's relationship" or "between you and I"  It's ME people, ME ME ME ME!  It drives ME crazy to hear this all the time.  I want to drag all those skinny, uneducated girls back to high school and make them ALL re-take a semester or two of English.  Ok, that's it...done with the rant, and now on to....
Illness:
Some of you may know that our family has been ill for the past 5 weeks.  It started out the baby and I had the flu, then Joel got it.  David took some time off work to take care of all of us.  The next week Connor had a really high fever and a strange rash, which led to the diagnosis of either Roseola or Hand Foot and Mouth.  Either way, we ended week two of not being able to go grocery shopping and not having much house work done.  Onto week three, Joel woke up one morning, asked for Raisin Bran, and by the time he was done eating, he had developed Croup!  Yep, it can in fact come on that quickly.  So off to bed he went for the next three days, and thus ended week three of our not so fun sick train.  Then on week four it was my turn once more and I woke up with laryngitis in time to go to a conference about swallowing disorders with my good friend.  While at the aforementioned conference my nose started running and I developed a head cold just in time to be down for the entire weekend of General Conference!  So we are onto week five now.  Just a couple of days ago, I had finally recovered, gotten my voice back, and was no longer using Kleenex like crazy.  Joel wanted to spend the night at his grandparent's house, and so all was looking well!  We were finally healthy!  In fact, I had just said to David yesterday as he was getting ready to go to work how wonderful it was that we were all finally feeling well!  The world was once again a place of health!  I could do laundry and not worry about waking the kids, I could grocery shop with my son in school! Of course all of this lasted about 3 hours because when I went to pick Joel up from my mom's, he had a fever of about 103, was glassy eyed and had a runny nose.  Alas, our picture perfect family was once again under the weather.  I have had so many appointments in the last five weeks I have had to cancel!  I truly believe people are starting to think that either a) I have developed a case of Munchhausen syndrome and am keeping my children sick because I want them to be with ME all the time...yeah right or b) I have become some sort of compulsive liar who is not very creative at coming up with excuses and keeps using the "oh my kids were sick, sorry I missed it" or c) that I am telling the truth but that I must live in a cesspool of germs and bacteria therefore no one will want to ever play with my children or  come to my house again!  As my babysitter said, I should just place a large BLACK X on our front door warning people to stay away from our house of ill.
So thanks for reading my first post.  Joel went off to school today feeling fine.  At this point I will settle for just 5 straight days of health!  Time to be off!  I have laundry and cleaning to do today!  Here's to getting things done and YEA! The cat just started sneezing....guess it's time for the animals to rack up the vet bills!  Have a great day all!  Smile through the tough stuff and enjoy the good stuff!  More blogs on our life soon.  If nothing else, I now have a digital diary!

 

1 comment:

  1. Talk about a rough month plus!! You guys are champs for still being happy. Can't wait to see you at the birthday celebration. Stay healthy :)

    ReplyDelete